Thursday 18 June 2009

Feliz Quinceanera - A Special Birthday

June 18, 2009

Someone at work asked me to make a special Birthday Card for a young lady who will be turning 15 tomorrow. In the Spanish Community, a it is a special celebration when a girl turns into a young lady. This happens on the 15th birthday and the celebration is called "Quinceanera". This card uses stamps from Scrappy Cat - Bride To Be. Images are either colored with Copic markers or stamped on Basic Grey paper and cut out. There is a lot of bling in this card. Around the edges of the Labels 4 I added some glitter. Top of the dress has a string of pearls along with the handle for the bag, the earing and the shoe. On the Tiara you will gind more bling. I truly enjoyed making this card and I hope that the recepient will as well.

3 comments:

  1. Aaawwwww ... She is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this creation! She's going to adore it. Thanks for the insight to this special event ... not being of Spanish decent, I was unaware but thrilled to learn of it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have this card for my niece's quince. Please let me know how I can order it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete