Thursday 29 April 2010

My First Crafty Secrets Card and the Fun Continious

April 29th, 2010

Today is Day 4 of Crafty Secrets week long National Scrapbooking Day celebration. It is Julie's day to host the $50 Gift Certificate. So be sure to go to her blog and leave a comment. She will be selecting a winner tomorrow night and Sandy's will annouce the winners on Saturday.

Don't forget to check out the Crafty Secret's blog as well, Sandy has some more vintage printables and samples to share with you.

Come back tommorow to my blog as I will be hosting the giveaway tomorrow and have a special card to share with you using the newest Crafty Secrets stamp set (Birdies at Home) that will be available soon.

Card I am sharing with you today is my very first card using the Seaside stamp set by Crafty Secrets. From the first moment I started using their stamps, I was hooked. In fact, I would say that 80% of my blog posts were done using a product from Crafty Secrets.

I am also including the original post that I did back in May 2008 to describe the steps taken to product this card.


Sending You Sunshine
May 28th, 2008
This was for today's sketch challenge at Splitcoast. Most of the stamps used in this card is from Seaside by Crafty Secrets. The sand in layered 2 times and stippled with creamy brown. Ocean was heavily sponge with Aquatic Splash, Sea Breeze andOcean Depth. Sky also was sponge first with Aqua all over except for the sun which I masked. Second layer of the sky was sponge with Cyan and used scallops to mask the clouds. Last layer of the sky was done using Peacock. Sun was sponged with Summer Sun. Added little birds and larger birds. Added the lighthouse and watercolored it with grey/black. Each of the seashells were stamped individually and colored with a variety of colors (seashell, burnt sienna,papaya cream,pixie dust, creamy brown with blue/green and yellow highlights. Cut each image out and randomly placed them along the sandy beach. Seagull was stamped in Black StazOn on white cs. Used rope around the diamond with was sponged with Aqua. Sentiment is from MFT By the Seashore which was stamped on cs sponged with Aquatic Splash.
I totally enjoyed making this card.

Have a wonderful day full of sunshine and happines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment