Thursday 23 July 2009

New Crafty Secrets Thanksgiving Stamp Set

July 23, 2009
Sandy revealed the new Thanksgiving Stamp set in the Heartwarming Vintage blog last Saturday. This set will be available in the CHA Show in Florida. Here are a few card samples that I made using this large stamp set that has 22 separate stamp images.
This first card was stamped with the girl and boy pulling the wish bone. Image was stamped with Tuxedo Balck Memento ink on cream colored cs and colored with Copic markers. Used the Labels 4 nestabilities to die cut the layers on the card which was lightly sponged with Antique Linen Distressing ink. Background paper is from the Earthy Paper Designs of Crafty Secrets. Added some half pearls around the image. Ribbon was a cream colored ribbon that I colored with Pale Sepia Copic markers. I really love how this Copic color gives a golden color to the ribbon..

This next card uses the fruit platter image which I again stamp with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto cream colored cs which was distressed with Walnut Stain distressing ink around the edges. Image was then colored with various Copic markers The sentiment is also from the Thanksgiving stamp set and was stamp just below the fruits.
Below the image I used the new Lattice borderabilities from Spellbinders which I die cut and embossed. I then distressed the exposed parts of the die before removing it from the die cut. I inter-twined some ribbon into the holes on the die cut. Two accent die cut pieces on either side of the main image is from the Floral Accent Shapeabilities.

For this third card I used yet another cute image from the Thanksgiving set. Same thing, it was stamped then colored with Copic markers. Used the Labels 4 nestabilities for the layers and cut the center of the one with the image with an oval coluzzle. Background paper is from Crate paper and the accent flower was cut from the DP. Ribbon was tied around the bunch of flower and added some half pearls on the 2 corners.

This last card I am sharing with you today is another sentiment from the same stamp set. Sentiment was stamped on cream colored cs. I traced around the centre part of the pendant die and cut the cs out and sponge the edges with Walnut Stain distressing ink. I then adhered some Sookwang double sided sticky paper sheet to cs and die cut it with the Lattice Pendant die. After die cutting the piece I removed the backing and Sprinkled some Cinnamon Glitter Ritz Opaque Micro Fine Glitter and burnished it with my finger to let the shine of the glitter come out. Love this technique which is called "Burnished Velvet". Layered the background with more cream colored and brown cs. Just free hand cut the background cs to match the shape of the die. On the top of the card I used the matching Lattice Borderabilities to die cut brown cs, added some half pearls and a strip of double sided tape with I sprinkle with Cinnamon glitter and burnished it with my fingers.
Hope you enjoyed the cards I have shared with you today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment