Thursday 18 June 2009

Challenge and Sample

June 18, 2009

First upload will be 1 card with 3 different versions. This card was made for the challenge Darlene posted on Paper Craft Planet on Sunday. OK I know, I am a little bit late posting my card. I have been really busy with work and other stuff that I have been neglecting.
For Darlene's challenge she asked us to make a project using items that start with the letter "P". So for this card I used an image from the Little Dolls Images & Journal Notes from Crafty Secrets. Background paper is from the Pastel Paper Designs also of Crafty Secrets. Just simply cut the images on the sheet. For those of you who used to play with Paper Dolls, you know what to do with them. You dress them up with the outfits. In the sheet that I used there were 2 different outfits with matching hats. Used the smaller frame in the Scalloped Edge Frame from Spellbinders for the border around the paper doll image. Added some Pink Liquid Pearls around the embossed dots on the border. The die cut border is also from Spellbinders - Classic Lace Border. Added the little pooch off to the corner and ribbon just along the end of the Classic Lace. The saying - "My Paper Doll" are stickers from the Baby Girl Heartwarming Vintage Stickers.

So what did I use in my card that started with the letter "P"

P for Paper Doll
P for Pink
P for Pearls (Liquid Pearls)
P for Polka Dot Ribbon
P for Pooch
P for Paper Sticker Letters
P for Perfect Pink Classic Lace Border

I know, I think I got carried away trying to think of inventive ways to make sure "P" was used in this card.

The next card that I am sharing with you today is from the new stamp set - Mouse Party. This set will be availabe starting tomorrow, June 19th. For this card I used 4 stamps from this set to make my scene. The older mice was ready to take a picture of the clown mice just as he was coming out of his hole. Images were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then colored with Copic markers. Cheese was stamped colored and cut and placed on top of the main panel. Main panel was mounted on black cs and I added some red pearls on top. Background DP is from the Earthy Paper Designs from Crafty Secrets and die cut with the bigger frame of the Scalloped Edge Frame from Spellbinders. I wove some ribbon in and out of the holes.

Hope you enjoy my cards today. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. You are AMAZING my friend!! I wished I had a prize for this challenge because you would certainly be the WINNER! These little dress up dolls are awesome ... what a clever idea ... so glad you joined in on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete