Sunday 15 March 2009

Friend

March 15, 2009

Before I post my card for today, I just want to say that I have not forgotten any of you. If I have not been posting any comments lately it is because I am having a very difficult time posting anything. For whatever reason, my interenet connection has slowed down to turtle pace. This inspite of Shaw upgrading my service to a higher speed connection. It took me 45 minutes just to upload my card today at Splitcoast Stampers. Not sure if this is computer problems or internet connection problems. Once, I get this fixed I promise to comment on those lovely cards and projects.

Card I am posting today is for the Featured Stampers Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. Today's featured stamper is Stacy (TWINSHAPPY). Congratulations Stacy, amazing gallery.

Here is the card I selected from Stacy's gallery to case today.

Girl image from the Garden Girls stamp set of Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps was stamped on white cs with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then colored with various Copic markers. It was then die cut with the Labels 1 nestabilities from Spellbinders. This was then matted onto the reverse side of the BG paper - Garden Medallions from Chater Box. Used a peach Copic marker on the edge of the matting and dotted it with a white Signo Pen. Followed the layout of the card I cased, however, I changed it to a square. Flowers were made with the same BG paper using the front and the back to make the different layers of the flowers which was die but with a flower nestability. Added some Walnut Stains to the edges of the flower and then distressed each layer of the flower with a distressing tool to give it a curve. Layered the flower and added a half pearl to each of the centers and then sprayed it with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist. Stamped the Sentiment on a reverse side of the BG paper with Onyx Black Versafine, cut it in the shape of a ribbon, distressed the edges with Walnut Stain and then distressed the sentiment with a distressing tool. Used a half pearl to place it down on the card. Added some pearls to 2 edges of the card.

Stamp: Garden Girls - Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Onyx Black Versafine, Walnut Stain and various Copic markers
Paper: Garden Medallions - Chatter Box and white cs
Accessories: Labels 1 and flower Nestabilities and Half Pearls

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Marisa!!! Love your flower medallions and your sentiment tag is perfect!!! I just love your style ... awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete