Monday 17 November 2008

Merry Christmas Medallion

November 17, 2008

Today's Technique Lover's Challenge over at Splitcoast Gallery was to make something using a triangle fold medallion.

So for this challenge, I once more used a stamp from the Christmas Joy stamp set of Crafty Secrets Clear Art stamps. The stamps in this set are so adorable and there is so much you can do with them.

First of all, I cut 8 - 2" squares and folded them, following Lynn's instructions in the challenge which you can find here. I assembled the triangle medallion and put it aside for a while. I then stamped the little Christmas bird on DP from the Wassail Paper Pad of Basic Grey (all the paper used for this card is from this paper pad) with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I heat set the stamped image to prepare it for coloring with Copic markers. Then proceeded to color the image with several copic markers. I added some gold metallic Sakura to the edge of the circle. Then die cut a round scallop with green dp using my small nestability. I used 2 other sizes of scallop circles for the other 2 layers behind the main image. The main image was mounted on to the triangle fold medallion, then onto the other 2 circle scallops. Edges of the circle scallops were again lined with the gold metallic Sakura pen. The whole circle piece was then mounted onto the background DP. Stamped the Merry Christmas and cut the piece out with scissors and mounted it onto to red DP. Cut the 4 corners from a Cuttlebug corner die and placed them on the four corners of the card.

Stamp: Christmas Joy Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps
Paper: Wassail Paper Pad from Basic Grey
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Walnut Stain, Copic markers and Gold metallic Sakura pen
Accessories: Cuttlebug corner die

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I really need to learn how to do those folds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even attempt this one ... but you sure made it look easy!! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete