Wednesday 12 November 2008

JOY

November 12, 2008

Wow, what a busy weekend. First of all I had my sister come to visit. It's been almost a year since she last came over to visit. We really had a good time together. Saturday, I helped out with the make-n-takes at the Crafty Secret booth in the BC's Creative Expo. This was my first time doing something like this and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Then, I was lucky enough to get a spot in the Copic Certification Class. Learned a lot on how to use these great markers.

With all that behind, I now had time to make a card for 2 challenges. Today's card was made for the Tuesday Challenge over at the Crafty Secret Forum. For this challenge the host Darlene, challenge us to use punches. This card was also made for today's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

Christmas Ornament from the Christmas Joy collection of Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps was stamps onto DP from Basic Grey's Wassail paper pad with Pitch Black Adirondack ink. Edges were distressed slightly with Walnut Stain Distress ink and then parts of the ornaments were inked with a Gold Sakura Glitter pen. Bird image was stamped onto white cs with and colored with Copic markers. Both images were cut with scissors. Bird was mounted onto the ornament with doublesided foam tape. Ornament was mounted onto another DP from the Wassail paper pad, which was punched and embossed on the corners with a Fiskars corner punch. Used a snowflake punch to cut the 3 snowflakes which were colore with a Gold Glitter pen and mounted onto the 3 squares. Stamped the sentiment JOY onto DP with Walnut Stain and cut it into squares which were mounted on top of the snowflakes. Rest of the layers are DP from the same Wassail paper pad. Added some dots with a Signo Pen.

Stamp: Christmas Joy Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, Walnut Stain Distress Ink and various Copic markers
Paper: Wassail paper pad from Basic Grey, white cs
Accessories: Fiskars corner punch and Snowflake punch

3 comments:

  1. Marisa, sorry I've not visited your blog for a while. I see that you have been busy creating your gorgeous cards and I love them. Please, please let me know if you're still interested in my stamps, or should I give them to someone else. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, thank you so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! 2nd, I love your card...it is really beautiful! And lastly, I am so jealous that you got to help at the CS booth! : )IT had to be so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again I must tell you how absolutely stunning this card is!!! FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete