Tuesday 27 May 2008

It's been a long, long time.

May 27th, 2008

It's been a long, long time since I last posted. March 24th to be exact. Oh my, I have been so busy trying to keep up with the challenges at Splitcoast.


I will try hard to keep this blog up-to-date with the cards I have been making. I learn a lot when I try the challenges at Splitcoast and have noticed that there is a drastic change to my style of cards. I really like the progress I have been making and continue to find new inspirations.


Today I made 2 cards. The first one is for today's color challenge to use Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Sage Shadow. Base for the cs was very vanilla which was sponged heavily with Sage Shadow. Edges of the frame was distressed with Chocolate Chip. Stamped images are stamps from the Dreamer collection of Heidi Grace. This was stamped with Chocolate Chip and white highlights were added to the tips of the wild flowers.



The second card is for last weeks color challenge. My internet was down so I was not able to play. Challenge was to use Soft Sky (Bashful Blue), Blue Bayou (Night of Navy) and Certainly Celery. Well the only color that I had out of all that was Certainly Celery, so I had to substitute the others for Ocean Depth and Sea Breeze. That is as close as I could get to those colors.Background paper was home made with stamps from Hero Arts - Buds and Stems. Idea I got from Eleanor's Stamping Blog. Centre image is from Tricia Santry Studio - Garden Borders.

0 comments:

Post a Comment